A ketogenic or a keto diet is low in carbohydrates and high in fats. It has numerous health benefits and also helps in losing weight. According to trim life keto reviews, It can also help fight against diabetes, epilepsy, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
This diet drastically reduces the carbohydrate intake of the body and replaces it with fat. This puts the body in a metabolic state called ketosis, thus burning fat efficiently and converting it to energy for the brain.
Best Keto Waffles Recipe
Here are a few recipes for the waffle lovers who want to cut down their carbs while still enjoying delicious food.
These waffles only contain 2.5 gm net carbs while also being sugar and gluten-free. They also do not have any grains or nut flours.
- Five eggs- medium separated
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp of granulated sweetener (of choice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cream or full-fat cream
- 125 gm melted butter
- Whisk all the egg whites in a bowl till they are firm and form stiff peaks.
- Take another bowl to mix the coconut flour, egg yolks, sweetener and baking powder.
- Now add in the melted butter slowly. Mix continuously to get a smooth consistency.
- Add in the vanilla and milk. Mix again.
- Gently fold in the whisked egg whites to the yolk mixture.
- Now pour some of the waffle mixtures on the waffle maker to make a single waffle.
- Cook till it becomes golden.
- Continue this till all the mixture is finished.
These waffles contain only two net carbs each and are a dream come true. They are crispy on the outside; soft, fluffy on the inside.
- Four large eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ block cream cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter/ coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp erythritol (optional)
- Keto Maple Syrup (optional)
- Take a blender. Put all the ingredients in it. Blend for about a minute till they are all mixed thoroughly.
- A preheat waffle iron. Grease it with cooking spray or butter. Pour the required amount of batter into it.
- Cook till you get a golden colour and they become crispy.
- Repeat the process till all the batter is finished.
Made with almond flour, and completely free of added sugar.
- Four large eggs, separated
- 2 c. Almond flour
- ¼ c. Granulated swerve
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ c. Butter (extra for serving)
- ½ c. Almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Whisk almond flour, baking powder, stevia, salt, in a large bowl till they are all combined.
- Melt butter and almond butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir every 15 seconds. Add in the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Then add in the vanilla and yolks.
- Beat egg whites till they become stiff peaks using a hand mixer in another large bowl. Now fold in the egg whites into the batter.
- Grease the waffle iron using cooking spray. Pour in the batter in the iron. Cook for 5 minutes till it becomes light golden.
- Repeat the process. Complete it by pouring butter and maple syrup on top.
These Keto Paleo almond flour waffles are made of all-natural ingredients and are easy to make. The outside turns out to be very crispy and involves only 20 minutes of cooking time!
- One large egg (separated)
- 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Best Erythritol (or any sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 2 tbsp butter (or use coconut oil for dairy-free recipe)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron (high heat). Grease it lightly by spraying it with oil.
- Beat egg whites to form stiff peaks in a medium-sized bowl. Keep it aside.
- Now combine almond flour, baking powder, erythritol, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and almond butter together. A small saucepan can also be used to melt it on the stove. After whisking it, add this mixture to the bowl containing the dry flour.
- Put in the almond milk, yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir till it becomes smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites. It should be mixed till the whites are not at all separated from the batter. The batter should remain light and fluffy.
- Pour half of the batter into the waffle iron. Cook it for 5 mins and let it cool a little to make it crispy.
- Repeat the above, for the left behind the batter.
- If exercise and diet are not helping you out, Acidaburn offers a helpful way to reach your fitness goals
What consists of a keto diet?
A keto diet typically means low-carb and high-fat. This does not include regular sugar or all-purpose flour. Butter is allowed in the diet.
Why are the above recipes keto-friendly?
Flour and sugar are mostly replaced by almond flour and swerve (stevia) in this diet. A full stick of butter provides the fat. Fat is necessary for a keto diet and also keeps one full for hours.
Why is almond flour used?
Finely ground blanched almonds make almond flour. It can be made at home, but it is preferable to buy it from the market. This flour is low-carb, gluten-free, high in magnesium and Vitamin E!
Is it necessary to hip the egg whites?
Whipping the egg whites is required to make the waffles light and fluffy by incorporating more air into it. This technique is similar to the classic Belgium Waffles.
Can peanut butter be used instead?
It depends on your choice. Any nut butter can be used, depending on your taste. But it must not contain any added sugar.